Use of OER leads to improvement in student performance and satisfaction (OER improve student performance/satisfaction)
Summary: Educators show strong belief that OER improve student performance and satisfaction, learners less so. Where comparative data points exist there is some evidence that performance is improved by OER use. MOOC completion rates are low but satisfaction of ‘completers’ is high.
Sector Breakdown (-ve)
Sector Breakdown (+ve)
- How do students benefit from using OER?
- Are students satisfied with the quality of openly licensed materials?
- How can the influence of OER on student performance be isolated from other factors which may affect performance?
- Khan Academy approach leads to improved study habits and higher scores - 6470 Views
- Impact of OpenStax textbook on physics students, South Florida College - 6359 Views
- Lab skills OERs boost confidence for biomedical students - 5827 Views
- Correlation between OER use and student grades - 5516 Views
- OER did not lead to significant improvement in student performance - 4938 Views