The Open Aspect of OER creates different usage and adoption patterns than other online resources (People use OER differently from other online materials)
Summary: Understanding of open licenses is growing, and while many educators state that open licensing is important, this does not always transfer into their own practice. For learners the presence of an open licence is not seen as important.
Sector Breakdown (-ve)
Sector Breakdown (+ve)
- What difference does open licensing make to educational practices?
- Are OER shared differently to other resources? In what ways?
- Which factors affect the choice of resources used?
- To what extent is the meaning of 'openness' contextual?
- Students able to identify features of OER - 7467 Views
- Siyavula: A Case Study of Open Textbook Adoption By Three South African Teachers - 4931 Views
- US Libraries: Public Domain and Open Licensing Survey Data - 3404 Views
- Romania’s K-12 Online Community: “OER Without Even Realising It” - 2017 Views
- Impact of CC licensing, North American Network of Science Labs Online - 1474 Views