Use of OER leads to critical reflection by educators, with evidence of improvement in their practice (OER use leads educators to reflect on their practice)
Summary: There is quite strong evidence that exposure to, or the use of, OER in teaching does cause educators to reflect on their own teaching practice. However, this may be a result of foregrounding teaching in a project, rather than an explicit characteristic of OER themselves.
Sector Breakdown (-ve)
Sector Breakdown (+ve)
- Does OER use lead to a difference in teaching practice?
- Do educators using OER think differently about their teaching?
- Does collaborative production of OER improve subject knowledge?
- Most K12 teachers adapt online resources - 2399 Views
- OER encourage teacher collaboration and professional development - 1692 Views
- Improved quality of teaching materials, University of Cape Town - 1476 Views
- OER use makes FLN educators more reflective - 1142 Views
- Impact of Bridge to Success at University of Maryland University College - 1074 Views