Informal learners use a variety of indicators when selecting OER (Informal learners use a variety of indicators)
Summary: Trust is perceived as a significant factor in selecting a resource, as are possible indicators of quality, such as number of downloads. However, other factors such as ease of download and the presence of learning outcomes are deemed as important. Users seem to be combining indicators that suggest quality and also those that facilitate their own use of the resource.
Sector Breakdown (-ve)
Sector Breakdown (+ve)
- How do informal learners choose OER?
- Which factors influence OER choice?
- Clements and Pawlowski (2012) identify a range of indicators for OER quality - 11578 Views
- Students use many methods to find and select OER - 4205 Views
- Reasons for OER choice, OER4Adults supplementary poll - 3835 Views
- Ease of use, reputation & compatibility with curriculum - 3228 Views
- OER Impact Study (2011) identifies a range of indicators - 1461 Views