This map show policies around the world which have been established in support of open education. It includes open data from:
- The Creative Commons OER Policy Registry
- The Policies for OER Uptake (POERUP) wiki
- The list of OER projects published by Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
Click on the node and title to see the full record including the policy.
- L = Local/Institutional
- R = Regional
- N = National
- I = International
We don’t distinguish between policies investing in OER development; policies in support of open licensing; and policies in support of open access – though this is a distinction we could make in future if the OER community might find it useful.
You can send us details of policies for inclusion on the map here.
Some useful resources in this area include:
- USA OER Policy Overview by Nicole Allen
- OER Policy Recommendations from World Summit on the Information Society 2012
- UNESCO Policy Guidelines for Promotion of Open Access
- ROARMAP: Registry of Open Access Repositories Mandatory Archiving Policies